Cold Prep Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Combination of Varied days and hours : Mon- Sat. (11:30AM - 7:30PM) (5 days/week)
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.50/Hr.
- USD $12.88/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Cold Prep Cook. This position includes our comprehensive benefits package detailed below.
- Prepares ingredients for cold production following recipes and/or direction from supervisors.
- Responsible for preparation of finished products as assigned, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
What Our Employees Say:
"The best part of the job is the obvious teamwork among employees. Every one has something new to bring to the table and their talents and abilities tie together well to make a great team. Having many jobs and responsibilities, it is always interesting to come to work. Every day has something new in store for me and brings new challenges to resolve. I really enjoy working with the residents. I think their stories of the past are extremely interesting." — Current Employee posted on Indeed, Dining Services Department
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate or GED is preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred.
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off