- Specific Schedule
- 6:00pm-6:30am, 1 night per week, alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays (including holidays that fall on Wed and Thur)
- Regular Part-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $15.75/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a part-time CNA/LNA Certified Nursing Assistant.
Our staffing ratio is 1 CNA/LNA per 8 to 10 residents.
Schedule: Night shift: 6:00pm to 6:30am, 1 night per week, alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays (including holidays).
- To assist in the provision of resident care by performing non-licensed nursing duties under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, following established policies and procedures.
- Even though the licensed nurse remains responsible for those duties she/he delegates to the nursing assistant, the nursing assistant is also liable for his/her own action.
What Our Employees Say:
"Friendship village Tempe is by far the best of the best facility that I have worked in. I've worked as an LNA for approximately 8 years. My experience is that Friendship Village Tempe provides a safe and clean and fun atmosphere for the residents.There's lots of activities for the residents as well as the employees. Lots of incentives encourages both residents and employees to give their best. Friendship Village is a wonderful place to work." — Current LNA Employee posted on Glassdoor
Education & Experience
- Currently certified/licensed by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Must be willing to become a Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) within the first 90 days of employment.
- Maintain Healthcare Provider CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
- High school graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Previous experience in hospital or long term care is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Demonstrates good body mechanics and proper use of gait belt before ambulation, lifting, or transferring residents.
- Understands that a gait belt MUST be used at all times.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, balance, push, pull, and lift 50 pounds of material handling and up to 35 pounds of Resident handling..
- Must be able to work some holidays and every other weekend unless otherwise specified by the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or Nursing Supervisors.
- Must be flexible to work another shift when necessary.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to meet the standards prescribed by Friendship Village Tempe drug and alcohol substance abuse testing program policies.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Keywords: healthcare, cna, medical, nurse, nursing, certified nursing assistant, Licensed Nursing Assistant, LNA, C.N.A., L.N.A., Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF, Assisted Living Facility, Nursing home, Care home, Long term care, medicare, hospice