- Specific Schedule
- Mon - Fri 5pm to 10pm , Sat - Sun varies
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.50/Hr.
- USD $18.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a part-time CDL Driver.
- Make a difference in the lives of our residents!
- We are seeking a Part-time Driver to provide timely and safe transportation of our residents to various activities outside the community.
- The qualified candidate must present a professional appearance at all times, provide outstanding customer service and be flexible in their scheduling.
- Our drivers use Friendship Village vehicles on trips including but not limited to medical appointments, grocery shopping and various entertainment venues.
- Drivers aid residents getting into and out of vehicles, and help with things like walkers or grocery's when needed.
- Drivers Maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the vehicles in our fleet and ensures our vehicles are maintained in excellent working conditions or identifies deficiencies quickly ensuring the best possible experience for our residents and others who use our service.
Education & Experience
- A current, valid State of Arizona Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsment.
- Must have good driving record and a good knowledge of the valley streets and highways.
- Flow of work and types of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time and constant attention to driving at all times.
- Should possess high school diploma or its equivalent and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, and the general public and to work harmoniously with other staff members.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
- Basic Microsoft office skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Moderate physical effort involving lifting up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Must be able to work well without supervision and use sound judgment when making decisions.
- Must be flexible to meet resident needs for personal transportation services.
- May be required to work overtime as dictated by workload.
- Schedule should be flexible to accommodate holidays, weekends and evenings.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off