CDL Bus Driver
- Specific Schedule
- Must have availability for various shifts between 9am to 11pm. Mostly evenings, some weekends (Approx. 20 hours per week)
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.50/Hr.
- USD $15.95/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Make a difference in the lives of our residents! Friendship Village is seeking a part-time CDL Bus Driver to provide timely, safe transportation of our residents to various activities.
Schedule: Must have availability for various shifts from 9am to 11pm. Mostly evenings, some weekends (Approx. 20 hrs per week)
Starting Pay: $14.50 to 15.95 per hour, based on experience
- Must present a professional appearance at all times, provide outstanding customer service and be flexible in their scheduling.
- Our drivers use Friendship Village vehicles on trips including but not limited to medical appointments, grocery shopping and various entertainment venues.
- Drivers aid residents getting into and out of vehicles, and help with things like walkers or groceries when needed.
- Drivers maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the vehicles in our fleet.
- Drivers ensures our vehicles are maintained in excellent working conditions and identify deficiencies quickly ensuring the best possible experience for our residents and others who use our service.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with residents, visitors, and the public and work harmoniously with other staff.
Education & Experience
- Current Arizona Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must have knowledge of the valley streets and highways.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 21 years of age of older.
- Able to compute basic mathematic equations.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Moderate physical effort involving lifting up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable care is required to prevent injury and accidents for others.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time, climb, bend and do extensive walking.
- Must be able to work well without supervision and use sound judgment when making decisions.
- Must be flexible to meet resident needs for personal transportation services.
- May be required to work overtime as dictated by workload.
- Schedule should be flexible to accommodate holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Flow of work and types of duties require flexibility and normal mental and visual demand much of the time and constant attention to driving at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Grant Program (must work 15 hrs/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Bus driver , driver , school bus driver , transport administrator , shuttle driver , class b driver , transit bus driver , transportation , truck driver , CDL driver , CDL , CDL truck driver , local truck driver , class a CDL driver , local CDL driver , delivery driver , trucking , driving , hiring immediately.