- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Various shifts from 5am to 7:30pm; Various days, including holidays and weekends. Off Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $11.25/Hr.
- USD $12.60/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a dedicated, hard-working individual to join our team as a full-time Cafe Attendant.
Starting Pay: $11.25 to 12.60 per hour, based on experience
Schedule: Must be available to work various shift from 5:00am to 7:30pm on various days, including holidays and weekends.
- Provide high quality, caring services to residents and guests at meal times and special events.
- Maintain food services areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner and make extraordinary impressions on all patrons at all times.
- Maintain a safety first mindset and culture.
What Employees Are Saying:
A Cafe Attendant review from Indeed.com says, "The residents are what make the atmosphere, it is always something new with them. They are sure to bring a smile to any employee's face."
Education & Experience
- Previous experience as a café attendant and barista experience is preferred.
- Customer service and cash handling experience is required.
- Must acquire a food handlers Certification from a local Health Department within 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the day.
- Bend, stretch, reach or lift, and carry plates of food to patrons and cases of product.
- Able to lift 50 to 75 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from café and storage unit.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 3.9 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Key words: Cashier, food service, food industry, team member, front of house, host, server, cash register, barista, bar staff, waiter, wait staff.