Cafe Attendant / Barista
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Various shifts from 9am to 7:30pm; Various days, including holidays and weekends
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.25/Hr.
- USD $12.60/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a dedicated, hard-working individual to join our team as a part-time Cafe Attendant.
- Provide high quality, caring services to residents and guests at meal times and special events.
- Maintain food services areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner and make extraordinary impressions on all patrons at all times.
- Maintain a safety first mindset and culture.
What Employees Are Saying:
A Cafe Attendant review from Indeed.com says, "The residents are what make the atmosphere, it is always something new with them. They are sure to bring a smile to any employee's face."
Education & Experience
- Previous experience as a café attendant and some knowledge of Barista experience is preferred.
- Customer service and cash handling experience is required.
- Must acquire a food handlers Certification from a local Health Department within 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the day.
- Bend, stretch, reach or lift, and carry plates of food to patrons and cases of product.
- Able to lift 50 to 75 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from café and storage unit.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook