Cafe Attendant / Cashier
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Must have availability Mon-Sun for various shift 9am-7pm, Work All Holidays, Two days off in a row
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $12.75/Hr.
- USD $14.28/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking hard-working individuals to join our team full-time as Cafe Attendants.
Pay: $12.75 to 14.28/hr, based on experience.
Schedule: Must have open availability Mon-Sun, Work All Holidays, Two days off in a row. Shifts vary from 9am-3:30pm and 11am-7pm
- Provide high quality, caring services to residents and guests at meal times and special events.
- Maintain food services areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner and make extraordinary impressions on all patrons at all times.
- Maintain a safety first mindset and culture.
Education & Experience
- Customer service and cash handling experience required.
- Barista experience preferred.
- Must acquire a food handlers Certification from a local Health Department within 30 Days of employment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the day.
- Bend, stretch, reach or lift, and carry plates of food to patrons and cases of product.
- Able to lift 50 to 75 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from café and storage unit.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Keywords: Cook, food service, food, hiring immediately, cashier, line cook, cooks, Mesa, Tempe, restaurant, dietary aide, dishwasher, nutrition, dietary, customer service, dietary aid, senior living, prep cook, server, waitstaff, barista, coffee drinks, smoothies, team member.