Cafe Attendant / Barista
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Various shifts from 9am to 7:30pm; Various days, including holidays and weekends
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $11.25/Hr.
- USD $12.60/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a dedicated, hard-working individual to join our team as a part-time Cafe Attendant.
- Provide high quality, caring services to residents and guests at meal times and special events.
- Maintain food services areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner and make extraordinary impressions on all patrons at all times.
- Maintain a safety first mindset and culture.
What Employees Are Saying:
A Cafe Attendant review from Indeed.com says, "The residents are what make the atmosphere, it is always something new with them. They are sure to bring a smile to any employee's face."
Education & Experience
- Previous experience as a café attendant and some knowledge of Barista experience is preferred.
- Customer service and cash handling experience is required.
- Must acquire a food handlers Certification from a local Health Department within 30 days of employment.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Stand and walk for most of the day.
- Bend, stretch, reach or lift, and carry plates of food to patrons and cases of product.
- Able to lift 50 to 75 pounds and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from café and storage unit.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.4 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.