Business Development Manager (Marketing Coordinator)
- Specific Schedule
- 8am-4:30pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, plus rotating weekends & holidays
- Regular Part-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $24.00/Hr.
- USD $33.65/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking a Business Development Manager (Marketing Coordinator) for work in our Health Care Center (SNF). This is a part-time position.
Schedule: 8am-4:30pm, Tue, Wed, Fri; rotating weekends & holidays
Pay Range: $24 to $33.65/hour, plus bonus structure
Who We Are:
A jewel of Tempe, Friendship Village is a one of a kind luxurious, fun-loving retirement community. Since 1980, our community has been marked by unmatched hospitality and a vibrant yet familiar sense of warmth. Our exceptional residents enjoy a relaxed, rewarding lifestyle. Likewise, employees benefit from an exciting career in an environment that feels like a family.
- Business Development Manager/Community Liaison is responsible for assessing potential residents/guests in the hospital to establish eligibility for care and screen for appropriateness of placement in the Health Care Center.
- Responsible for identifying, building key relationships and maintaining relationships with specialists, senior living providers, assisted living/group home managers, primary care physicians, discharge planners, and other care providers as well as prospective residents, guests, and their families.
- Responsible for assisting the Admissions/Health Care Center team in achieving and maintaining occupancy goals for Friendship Village of Tempe.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations including corporate compliance, HIPAA Privacy Standards, and Fair Housing Act.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in nursing, physical, occupational or speech therapy, or other health related field and/or a Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, public relations, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of sales and marketing experience, preferably in long-term care or similar marketing experience, is required.
- One (1) year of leadership and management experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in customer service or a hospitality environment is required.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to guidelines related to the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations in all aspects of the job including sales presentations and marketing materials.
- Knowledge of nursing regulations governing long-term care.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to assess and treat human injuries and diseases. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Computer savvy, able to type quickly, able to use Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiar with sales and occupancy software systems for tracking purposes.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of working in extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions, and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- The flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and driving a motor vehicle requires high mental and visual demand much of the time.
- Must be able to concentrate with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to tour through the entire building, up to one mile, occasionally pushing a wheelchair.
- Position requires walking or standing 75% of the time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to move quickly, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, and balance as needed.
- Must have the ability to perform gross and fine motor skills.
- Must be free of communicable disease; may be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- FREE Employee Meals
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Education Grant Program (must work 15 hrs/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Marketing, geriatric, hospice, memory care, skilled nursing facility, SNF, ALF, Assisted Living Facility nurse. retirement community, elderly community, senior care, senior-care, elder-care, retirement home, geriatrics, geriatric, seniors, senior center. Business development. Marketing coordinator, Social media. Sales. Real estate. FHA. ADA.