Business Development Manager/Community Liaison
- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm, some weekends and holidays, as necessary
- Regular Full-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $50,000.00/Yr.
- USD $67,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Business Development Manager/Community Liaison for work in our Health Care Center.
This is a full-time salaried position which includes our benefits package and a bonus structure.
Who We Are:
A jewel of Tempe, Friendship Village is a one of a kind luxurious, fun-loving retirement community. Since 1980, our community has been marked by unmatched hospitality and a vibrant yet familiar sense of warmth. Our exceptional residents enjoy a relaxed, rewarding lifestyle. Likewise, employees benefit from an exciting career in an environment that feels like family.
- The Business Development Manager/Community Liaison is responsible for assessing potential residents/guests in the hospital to establish eligibility for care and screen for appropriateness of placement in the Health Care Center.
- Responsible for identifying, building key relationships and maintaining relationships with specialists, senior living providers, assisted living/group home managers, primary care physicians, discharge planners, and other care providers as well as prospective residents/guests and their families.
- Responsible for assisting the Admissions/Health Care Center team in achieving and maintaining occupancy goals for Friendship Village of Tempe.
- Complies with all federal, state and local regulations including corporate compliance, HIPAA Privacy Standards and Fair Housing Act.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in nursing, physical, occupational or speech therapy, or other health related field and/or a Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, public relations or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of sales and marketing experience, preferably in long-term care or similar marketing experience, is required.
- One (1) year of leadership and management experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in customer service or a hospitality environment is required.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to guidelines related to the Fair Housing Act (FHA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations in all aspects of the job including sales presentations and marketing materials.
- Knowledge of nursing regulations governing long-term care.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to assess and treat human injuries and diseases. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Computer savvy, able to type quickly, able to use Microsoft Office including Power Point, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiar with sales and occupancy software systems for tracking purposes.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of working in the extreme heat during the summer months.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, fumes), unsanitary conditions and a variety of toxic chemicals.
- Flow of work and type of duties require flexibility and driving a motor vehicle requires high mental and visual demand much of the time.
- Must be able to concentrate with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to tour through the entire building, up to one mile, occasionally pushing a wheelchair.
- Position requires walking or standing 75% of the time.
- Must be able to life and carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to move quickly, stand, walk, push, pull, bend, stoop, reach, and balance as needed.
- Must have the ability to perform gross and fine motor skills.
- Must be free of communicable disease; may be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor.
We also hold a 4.1 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook