- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Sat 10am-1:30pm and/or 4:15pm-7:30pm; Sundays 10:50am-4pm varied days, including weekends and holidays
- PRN/On Call
- Village Center
- USD $11.00/Hr.
- USD $12.32/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a PRN/On-call server for our buffet. The schedule for this position is on an "as needed" basis.
- Provides high quality, friendly service to residents and guests at scheduled meals, special events in Buffet, and Assisted Living dining areas.
- Maintain the dining and food service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Deliver meals to residents homes and ensure all orders are correct.
- Take drink orders, sit down menu orders, clean and reset tables in a timely manner.
- Support and participate in common teamwork.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Completing of side work or any extra duties that may arise.
- Fully embrace a culture of hospitality.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Customer service and food service experience is preferred.
- Must have or obtain a Maricopa County Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire date.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to operate efficiently in a fast pace environment, maintain a neat and clean area and appearance.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
What Employees Are Saying:
Buffet Server review on Glassdoor.com from August 28, 2018:
“The residents are wonderful... They trained me well. The break room has cheap, yummy food. They build an awesome environment for the workers like giving movie tickets and hosting sports leagues.”
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. As an On-call/PRN employee, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
Check out our 4.3 star rating on Glassdoor
We also hold a 4.0 star rating on Indeed
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating