Assistant Cafe Manager
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Friday-Tuesday 11:00am - 7:30pm, including holidays
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $40,000.00/Yr.
- USD $44,800.00/Yr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking an Assistant Manager for our Cafe.
Starting Pay Range: $40,000 to $44,800/year, based on experience
Schedule: Friday - Tuesday 11:00am - 7:30pm
- Assist Café operations manager in maintaining operations in all retail cafes at the highest standards.
- Assist in directing and managing all café personnel in the conduct of their daily routines and adherence to high customer service standards.
- Maintain and assist in development of dynamic programs and offerings in keeping with the ongoing retail plan.
- Create menus and signage for specials.
- Program and market new concepts in all areas of café.
- Assist with ordering product, taking monthly inventory and receiving.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Six (6) years of experience and/or training in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must acquire a food handler's certification from the local Health Department within 30 days of hire.
- Must have or acquire a valid ServSafe certification within 90 days of hire and renew it every 3 years.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Word and Outlook.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals and offensive odors.
- Ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.5 star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.