Administrative Accounting Assistant
Administrative Accounting Assistant
- Specific Schedule
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $19.00/Hr.
- USD $22.75/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an Administrative Accounting Assistant to join our finance team.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm
Pay: $19-22.75/hour, based on experience, plus benefits
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Finance.
- Responsible for data entry in Marketing and Accounting software.
- Responsible for daily cash flow report for Director of Finance and Accounting Manager.
- Submit remote deposits for sales, escrows, and wait-list transactions.
- Update and reconcile multiple schedules for monthly journal entries.
- Answer and return emails and phone calls.
- Submit files and reports, faxing, scanning documents on a regular basis.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- At least 3 years of experience in the Accounting field.
- Banking experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with various office and clerical/administrative procedures and duties required.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply accounting fundamentals accurately to the work assignments.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to stoop, bend and reach in order to access files and lift/carry approximately 25 pounds.
- Able to sit for long periods of time, approximately 90% of the shift.
- Able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day.
- Good manual dexterity and ability for frequent computer input and typing.
- Exhibit qualities of patience, concern for the needs of the elderly, and a positive attitude in interactions with residents and employees of Friendship Village Tempe.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403(B) Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability / Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- $250 Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Education Grant Program
- Wellness Program & Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!