- Assisted Living
- Specific Schedule
- As needed various days 8am-4:30pm, including some holidays and weekends
- PRN/On Call
- Memory Care
- USD $16.25/Hr.
- USD $19.00/Hr.
Join our award-winning team. Friendship Village Tempe is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!
Friendship Village is seeking a Activity Coordinator for work in our Memory Care Unit on an "as needed" basis.
Schedule: As needed various days 8am-4:30pm, including weekends and some holidays, PRN/On-call
Pay: $16.25 to 19 per hour, based on experience
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing a program of activities for assisted living population of residents with dementia including gross motor activities, reality orientation, reminiscence, and sensory stimulation and as desired by residents.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with the elderly and/or those afflicted with chronic illness required.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited school preferred.
- Previous assisted living experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Maintain Adult CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Able to become Caregiver certified in Supervisory, Personal and Directed Care levels by an instructor licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Able to push wheelchairs and assist residents with mobility devices on and off Friendship Village bus.
- Able to perform sitting, standing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving intermittently during working hours.
- Flexible and able to work under stress to carry out job duties.
- Dependable, creative, organized and have an understanding of the needs and concerns of the aged as well as having patience, tact, and a cheerful attitude.
- Able to reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, balance, sit, stand, push, pull and lift and carry up to 50 pounds of material handling and up to 35 pounds of Resident handling intermittently during working hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Friendship Village Tempe fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees, and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee, and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees, and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village Tempe lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.8-star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.1-star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5-star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.
Friendship Village is managed by Life Care Services, voted #1 in Customer Satisfaction among senior living communities, by JD Power!