- Specific Schedule
- Saturday and Sunday 10:30am to 7pm, including holidays as needed
- Regular Part-Time
- Healthcare Center
- USD $17.00/Hr.
- USD $19.00/Hr.
Friendship Village is seeking a part-time Activity Assistant for our Health Care Center.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 10:30am-7:00pm, including holidays
Pay: $17 to 19 per hour, based on experience
- Under the direction of the HCC Activity Director, responsibilities will include: promoting and providing person-centered care to Health Care Center residents, coordinating and conducting activity groups, and following the monthly activity calendar.
- To assist with designing programs to increase socialization, provide entertainment, and promote physical activity.
- Must have an understanding of the needs and concerns of the elderly, as well as patience, tact, and a cheerful attitude.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Adult CPR certification required.
- First Aid certification required.
- Active AZ L.N.A./C.N.A. license is required.
- Must be proficient with computers including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to push wheelchairs, and geri-chairs, and transfer residents from a wheelchair to a sitting chair.
- Move tables and chairs, climb steps, and ladders, stoop, bend, reach and squat.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of material handling, and up to 35 pounds of Resident handling.
- Walk, sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Lift heavy trays of food and safely transport hot foods.
- Safely utilize kitchen appliances such as a steam table or a warmer.
- Function efficiently despite any distractions or interruptions.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
- May be exposed to cleaning and offensive odors.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV or HBV.
- Must be able to tolerate heat, cold, and rain.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program (must work 15 hours/wk)
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Sick Time
- Trip Reduction Program
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
Friendship Village fully embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, we include the following hospitality promises as a guide for our interpersonal interactions with residents, co-workers, and guests:
- We greet residents, employees and guests warmly, by name and with a smile.
- We treat everyone with courteous respect.
- We strive to anticipate resident, employee and guest needs and act accordingly.
- We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
- We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
- We embrace and value our differences.
- We make residents, employees and guests feel important.
- We ask “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
- We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
- We pay attention to details.
Friendship Village lives our life-care promise in a community where residents and staff are engaged in enjoying life as one.
To be known as the leading retirement community that embraces individuality while delivering an innovative and compassionate environment in which we live and work.
Our Core Values
- We interact honestly and fairly, with integrity and openness.
- We intentionally respect and embrace the perspective of each individual.
- We are passionate about consistently delivering exceptional service.
- We are innovative and creative leaders.
- We work together to cultivate meaningful relationships.
Friendship Village is a place employees can wake up happy to come to work each day. We take pride in our exceptional culture of family and hospitality.
We hold a 4.5 star rating on Glassdoor.
We have a 4.0 star rating on Indeed.
Medicare.gov has awarded us a 5 star rating.
Our staff and residents rate us 4.6 stars on Facebook.