- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday10:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $50,000.00/Yr.
- USD $56,000.00/Yr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Sous Chef for our salaried Full-time position with benefits.
- Responsible for the daily operation of all kitchen areas in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Under the direction of the Executive Chef assists with and/or performs the duties of scheduling, administrative responsibilities, production, production documentation and recipe compliance.
- Motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house employees in preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation.
- Adheres to all policy and procedures concerning safe food handling practices, organization and cleanliness of the kitchen.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts required.
- Must have at least one year of high-volume kitchen management skills
- Has knowledge of state and federal regulations for food safety and sanitation.
- Catering experience a plus.
- High volume, complex food-service operations experience - highly desirable
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and inventory, and presentation.
- Must be experienced and proficient with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Food Handlers card must be acquired from Maricopa County Health Department and on file with HR within 30 days.
- Servsafe certification must be acquired within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 90% of the shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed frequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitively Priced Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Trip Reduction Program
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
- Employee Awards Programs
- Flexible Spending Account