Short Order Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Sun, Mon,Thurs, Friday Sat -11:30AM - 7:30PM 5 days/week including holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $17.00/Hr.
$500 Sign-On Bonus, details will be discussed during the interview.
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the Village Café per printed tickets.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
- Prepares food to order in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate or GED is preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.