Short Order Cook
- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Sun, Mon,Thurs, Friday Sat -11:30AM - 7:30PM 5 days/week including holidays as needed
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.25/Hr.
- USD $14.84/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking an experienced Cook for our full-time Short Order Cook position.
- Prepares entrees and side dishes for the Village Café per printed tickets.
- Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of all orders.
- Orders should be produced with a maximum ticket time of 9 minutes, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
- Prepares food to order in a fast paced environment.
What Are Employee's saying:
An Indeed.com review from a Cook on August 29, 2018 says, "It was a great place to work for. I really enjoyed my time there. The people and employees where wonderful. I also enjoyed talking to the loving residents there."
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate or GED is preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Two or more years’ of culinary experience preferred
- Must acquire a food handler’s card within 30 days of hire
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitively Priced Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Trip Reduction Program
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
- Employee Awards Programs
- Flexible Spending Account