- Specific Schedule
- Tue - Sat 1PM - 9:30PM
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $12.50/Hr.
- USD $15.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a full-time Security Officer.
- Protects the assets and reputation of the organization.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect irregularities within the campus and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of residents, employees, visitors, and other persons to maintain security of premises.
- Respond to alarms and investigate emergency conditions such as fire or smoke.
- Conduct and report on all facility fire drills and disaster preparedness.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages.
- Answer questions, and provide information to residents, employees and visitors on campus.
- Respond to any call for assistance with the commitment to always assist however possible owning it through completion.
- Communicate, interact effectively and tactfully with those on campus.
- Provide on-campus transportation by cart and off campus with provided patrol vehicle as needed.
- Fill out Incident Reports and Daily Activities Reports documenting all activity observed during a shift.
- Keep Security issues in strictest confidence never sharing information with those not authorized.
- Maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Monitor and operate campus video survellance equipment.
What Employees Say:
"Friendship Village of Tempe was a great place to work. It was dependable and offered security as well as a friendly work environment. The management made sure to offer new tasks to the employees to keep them challenged and motivated. The workplace also rewarded hard work and ambition, by providing financial aid in schooling to those that desired to further their education." — Former Employee posted on Indeed, Security Officer
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior Security experience in dealing with the public preferred.
- Requires good judgment in following policies and procedures.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona Driver's License
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, stand on feet for long periods of time, and may be required to bend, stoop, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, and fumes).
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Trip Reduction Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
Keywords: security, protection, security officer, police, guard card, security guard