- Specific Schedule
- M-F 6AM to 2:30 PM
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $17.50/Hr.
- USD $22.00/Hr.
- This is a working supervisory position.
- Responsible for oversight of maintaining the interior and exterior of the Village buildings and structures by repairing and painting walls, ceilings, and other surfaces.
- Support maintenance, move-ins, renovations and special project activities.
- Maintains stock of various paints and thinners used, and keeps a record of materials for inventory.
Education & Experience
- Three (3) years supervisory/manager experience minimum.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. Diploma preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate management skills.
- Must be able to manage assignment of staff independently to complete projects on time.
- Must be able to identify, understand and be tolerant of working with all paints, solvents and dry wall materials while working.
- Be able to lead the other painters in completing work schedules and make working decisions when necessary.
- Perform quality control inspections and complete final touch-up work.
- Train painters in all aspects of painting and drywall repair.
- Able to complete paperwork involved to order supplies, complete daily work reports and assist in inventory.
- Must possess current and valid Arizona Driver’s License with few to no violations in order to be insurable in FVT owned vehicles.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to install, tape, finish and texture drywall surfaces (walls, ceilings, etc.).
- Must be able to use and understand drywall equipment such as taping knives, compressor and hopper.
- Must be able to prepare all surfaces for proper finish, including applying putty, stripping, caulking, sanding, and masking. Be able to use and understand all equipment needed for proper paint finish such as brushes, rollers and airless sprayers.
- Maintain and keep painting equipment clean.
- Protect areas not to be painted, and clean up when the job is completed.
- Possibility of working weekends, holidays, overtime, and/or any shift as dictated by department workload.
- Physical effort and occasional heavy lifting of up to 100 pounds can be expected. Very frequent lifting and moving of materials of approximately 20 pounds.
- Walking, standing, stooping for most of day and use of ladders required.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitively Priced Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan – with Company Match
- Life / Disability Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Educational Grant Program
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Trip Reduction Program
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
- Employee Awards Programs
- Flexible Spending Account