- Specific Schedule
- 6:00pm–6:30am, varied days, including weekends and holidays as needed
- PRN/On Call
- Healthcare Center
- USD $22.00/Hr.
- USD $27.00/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) for PRN/On-Call work in our Healthcare Center during the night shift: 6pm to 6:30am.
- Plans, organize, and assist in the provision of direct and indirect resident care following established policies and procedures.
- Orients, instructs, and supervises personnel, perform duties of a nurse as required and is accountable for the care provided by others under his/her supervision.
- Report any changes in resident condition or any unusual situations to the Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Manager or Director of Nursing as merited.
- Assumes responsibility for his/her continued self-development in order to develop, guide, and provide quality resident care while supporting the Mission and Vision of Friendship Village Tempe within the scope of the AZSBN.
- Meet regularly with the Nurse Manager, Nurse Supervisor or Director of Nursing as needed.
- Be an active participation as a member of the Nursing Department.
Education & Experience
- Recent experience as a Nurse within the last two years as a bedside clinician.
- IV skills, oversite of resident-centered care principles,experience in community health nursing, acute care, or Long-term care, to include clinical experience in caring for older adults in acute, and long term care settings is preferred.
- Possess the ability to organize, plan, delegate, and supervise nursing services as necessary.
- Possess excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications including computer skills necessary for the implementation and training of electronic medical records.
- Current and good standing Nurse License in the state of Arizona or compact state,
- Adult CPR certification required
- First Aid Certification optional
- Ability to obtain a Class II fingerprint clearance.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Exhibit ability to work with little supervision, be responsible for own work, and keep data confidential.
- Requires a cooperative and courteous attitude despite simultaneous demands.
- Able to meet the standards prescribed by Friendship Village Tempe drug and alcohol substance abuse testing program policies.
- Exhibit qualities of patience, concern for the needs of the elderly, and a positive attitude,
- Able to reach above shoulder level, stoop, bend, crouch, kneel, balance, essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs,
- Requires visual and hearing acuity,
- May be exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. As an On-call/PRN employee, you will have access to the following:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Sick Time
- Military Time Off
Keywords: ACLS, ANA, Acute care, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BLS, BSN, case management, case manager, critical care, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, ICU, intensive care unit, MSN, medical, medical care, medicare, Nurse, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, palliative care nurse, ortho nurse, ortho RN, ortho registered nurse, palliative care LPN, palliative care registered nurse, practical nurse, LPN Job, LPN Jobs, Licensed Practical Nurse Job, Licensed Nurse Jobs, Nursing, PRN, PDM, progressive care nurse, rehab RN, rehab practical nurse, rehab nurse, Registered Nurse, licensed practical Nurse Case Manager, LPN, L.P.N., LPN Case Manager, skilled visit, staff LPN, staff nurse, staff licensed nurse, geriatric, hospice, memory care, skilled nursing facility, SNF, ALF, Assisted Living Facility nurse.