Lead Security Officer
- Specific Schedule
- Swing shift 1:00pm - 9:30 pm, Days off open
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $13.50/Hr.
- USD $16.00/Hr.
- Lead and assist the shift officer with the responsibilities, procedures, and documentation needed and provide training to the shift officer when discrepancies are noted.
- The Lead Officer will foster a team approach on the shift and within the department.
- Perform administrative duties as directed by the Security Manager.
- Provides direction, instruction and guidance to officers and tram drivers on shift, for the purpose of achieving the goals of the village as well as those of the security department.
- Serve as a resource and content expert, act as a role model to security team members; providing them with guidance and being available to answer questions to clarify the work activities.
- Create opportunities for team members to provide input on procedures/processes and share their expertise with other team members.
- Lead and respond to alarms and investigate emergency conditions such as fire or smoke.
- Conduct and report on all facility fire drills and disaster preparedness.
- Review and/or write reports of daily activities and incidents.
- Answer questions, and provide information to residents, employees and visitors on campus.
- Respond to any call for assistance with the commitment to always assist however possible owning it through completion.
- Communicate, interact effectively and tactfully with those on campus.
- Provide on-campus transportation by cart and off campus with provided patrol vehicle as needed.
- Keep Security issues in strictest confidence never sharing information with those not authorized.
- Lead the security team and maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Able to communicate with Supervisors and residents, both in writing and orally.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior Security experience in dealing with the public preferred, any previous experience in security supervision or team building would be an asset.
- Requires good judgment in following policies and procedures and implementing best practices.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona Driver's License.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances, stand on feet for long periods of time, and may be required to bend, stoop, crouch, and climb ladders.
- May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, dust, noise, and fumes).