- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- 5:15-1:30, 11:30-7:30, 12:15-8:30Sunday-Saturday 5days a week
- Regular Full-Time
- Village Center
- USD $14.25/Hr.
- USD $18.75/Hr.
$500 Sign-On Bonus, details will be discussed during the interview.
- Safety and quality assurance is conceded to be at the forefront of the culinary operation.
- Responsible for cooking in different phases of the kitchen short order,mass production, and upscale cooking in a fast pace preparing breakfast, lunch, and dinner all Culinary venues.
- Prepare all bulk production using standardized recipes.
- Provide high quality products to residents and guest of Friendship Village of Tempe at scheduled meal times and at catered events.
- Prepare and cook all food in accordance with specified recipes and procedures.
- Follow all rules and regulation in accordance with policy and procedures related to maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen environment.
- The cook is responsible for making sure that all foods served meet standards of portion, proper temperature, freshness and presentation.
- Tracking of these must be completed through production and temperature logs.
- Must be flexible with scheduled shifts and times to cover daily business operation.
Education & Experience
- 2 years previous cooking experience requested in a high volume culinary operation.
- High school diploma desirable.
- Must acquire a food handlers certificate from the local Health Department with in 30 days of employment.
- Able to compute basic mathematical equations.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand long periods at a time, bend, stretch, reach, lift, and carry pots and pans of food.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. and push/pull carts (approximately 50 pounds) to and from dining areas.
- Must be able to work Holiday's and weekends.