- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- As needed varied days and hours Sunday-Saturday 6:00 am - 8:30 pm
- PRN/On Call
- Village Center
- USD $11.50/Hr.
- USD $11.50/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Cook's Assistant for a PRN ("As Needed") schedule.
- Prepares ingredients for cold production following recipes and/or direction from supervisors.
- Responsible for assisting Cooks in preparation of finished products as assigned, utilizing the highest culinary standards and in accordance with recipes.
- Interacts with team members, residents and guests in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
- Maintains food production service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Follows all regulatory requirements as mandated by state, federal and local agencies.
Education & Experience
- High School Graduate or GED - preferred.
- Minimum 18 years of age - required.
- Culinary experience and/or education - required.
- Must acquire a Maricopa County food handler’s card within 30 days of hire.
- Follow oral and written direction.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer On-call/PRN employees a benefits package including:
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Employee Events
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Military Time Off
- Employee Awards Programs