- Dining Services
- Specific Schedule
- Monday-Saturday 10:00am-2:30pm / 10:50am-2:30 and Sundays 10:50am-4:00pm varied days, including weekends and holidays as needed
- Regular Part-Time
- Village Center
- USD $10.50/Hr.
- USD $11.76/Hr.
Friendship Village Tempe is seeking a Server for part-time work in our Buffet.
- Provides high quality, friendly service to residents and guests of Friendship Village Tempe at scheduled meals, special events in Buffet, and Assisted Living dining areas.
- Maintain the dining and food service areas in a neat, clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Deliver meals to residents homes and ensure all orders are correct.
- Take drink orders, sit down menu orders, clean and reset tables in a timely manner.
- Support and participate in common teamwork.
- Interact with residents, guests and co-workers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Completing of side work or any extra duties that may arise.
- Fully embrace a culture of hospitality.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED - preferred.
- Customer service and/or food service experience - preferred.
- Must have or obtain a Maricopa County Food Handlers Card within 30 days of hire date.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Must be able to operate efficiently in a fast pace environment, maintain a neat and clean area and appearance.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and stretch frequently throughout the day.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort needed infrequently.
- Manual dexterity for preparing food.
- Ability to use standard industrial kitchen appliances.
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time.
- May be exposed to industrial cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently.
- Requires visual and hearing acuity.
At Friendship Village Tempe, we truly value our employees. We offer part-time employees a benefits package including:
- 403B Retirement Plan – Employer Match (must work 20 hours/wk)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Trip Reduction Program
- Educational Grant Program
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Wellness Program and Gym On-site
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Emergency Loan Program
- Employee Events
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Military Time Off
- Employee Awards Programs